We are looking for a skilled, motivated web developer to join our small team and help us tackle an exciting new project. You will have overall responsibility for delivering the project, and the opportunity to put your own stamp on the work. From time to time, you’ll also be contributing to other assignments in our diverse portfolio. The role would ideally suit someone who likes working autonomously (with support available!), wants to see their efforts appreciated, and who would enjoy being a key contributor to the success of a growing company.
Though initially a fixed-term contract, there is the potential for the term to be extended, perhaps leading to a permanent position.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience)
Day Rate: c£150 day rate
Job type: Full-time. Fixed term of 4 months, with possibility of extension and permanent role. Available from February.
Location: At our offices in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire.
- Overall responsibility on a key business project
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to grow and shape the role
- Support from small, friendly team
- Competitive, negotiable salary
Overview of duties:
- Lead developer on substantial new project for existing client
- Responsible for:
- Building a new system
- Delivering the core system, including architecture and hosting
- Developing the back and front-end code
- Supporting existing system during migration period
- Connecting to and using external APIs
- Setting up and managing server environment
- Deployment of code
- Additional duties:
- Contributing to planning and feature requests Responsible for delivering the core system
- Providing input into system specification
- Contributing to documentation of processes and technical setup
Note that you will be supported by the team with front-end coding, design and content.
Required personal skills:
- Self-starter, able to work without micromanagement
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to report progress succinctly and promptly
- Copes well with change
- Meticulous, with an eye for detail
Required technical skills:
It’s essential that you are experienced and confident in:
- PHP – Laravel Framework in particular
- HTML & CSS
- Version controlling systems, such as Git
- Setting up and running development environments
You should also be familiar with, or be willing to learn:
- Test driven development
- Web security best practices
- Use of external APIs
- Front-end technologies such as bootstrap, Angular JS etc
Sanders Web Works is a small, dynamic web agency based in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire. Specialising in redesigns, our diverse client list ranges from sole traders to national charities. We are currently experiencing very rapid growth in the demand for our services, including the acquisition of major new clients. Our current requirement for staff reflects this expansion.
We are screening roles as soon as we receive them and interviews are taking place within the next couple of weeks.
Please send your CV to and a covering letter to be considered for this role.